Thursday, October 13, 2011

More rest time for Kyle... but hey, new shoes!

So I'm still resting up my foot which is starting to feel better so Woot for that! But I'm still going to take it easy for a little while longer. Since unlike my wife, I don't have any new fun running to tell you about, I'll mention the awesome deal that we just got for some VIVOBAREFOOT shoes (yes, it's supposed to be capitalized like that....weird).

Anyways I follow the Birthday Shoes blog and they had mentioned an awesome sale on some minimalist shoes. These shoes are from VIVOBAREFOOT and they were on sale for up to 60% off. Crazy great deal. So my wife and I each got a pair and we will let you know how they work out once we finally receive them.

These are the Neo shoes that I bought
And these are the Evo shoes that Robbie bought.
I'm totally digging the look of the Neo's. I think that they will probably be my casual shoe of choice assuming they are comfortable. I could totally wear these to work on casual friday and no one would look at me sideways for it. My Vibrams on the other hand I would still feel a little self conscious wearing to work. I'm feeling more comfortable wearing my Vibrams at home or out and about sometimes (My eldest daughter still calls them my Dork Shoes. She has softened her hatred for the look of Vibrams a little bit once Robbie also got a pair), but I could totally rock these out all the time.

Anyone else in Canada who might be looking to purchase from TheClymb please note that they currently do not ship to Canada. My wife's parents are Snowbirds so we got these shipped to their american address (they'll get there in time to get them). I guess TheClymb is working on shipping to Canada, but they don't have it yet.

We probably won't get these until mid November but definitely expect a review from us then. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment