Friday, December 09, 2011

Being Sick Sucks!

Well this has been a very uneventful week for running. I last ran on Monday but had to cut the run short because my lungs were hurting. I managed to catch a chest cold Sunday and it has had be out all well. 5 of the 7 kids all have it as well and it has been a LONG week. I am hoping to get out tonight to run 5 miles with a friend. I am getting better but not 100% yet. Just hoping that my lungs will cooperate. My body feels stiff from all of the sitting around I have been doing. My plan for the rest of the week is 5 miles today, some weights and maybe a spin on my stationary bike on Saturday and a 9 mile run home from church on Sunday. Here's hoping I'll feel up to it.

I thought I would add some pictures of what our week has been like.


Science Games for School

Monopoly for Math Class

Baking counts as Home Ec, Math and Science

Outdoor Education and Gym Class

A mountain of cookies my by the kids. Even gluten free for Daddy.

This little guys turns 2 tomorrow. He has a great party last Sunday. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh I'm in homeschool heaven!!!!!!!!! I was such a better homeschooler when mine were little, now it's a lot of book work. :/ Can I have that table! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! Not as beautiful as those kids though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brood is so lucky to have such amazing parents :) thanks for sharing. Is there any way you might share the PB cookie rec?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe is super simple

    3 cups Peanut Butter
    3 cups White Sugar
    3 Egg
    3 pinches of salt

    Mix all ingredients, drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet, squish with fork, bake at 375ยบ for about 10-12 mins

    Makes about 3 dozen cookies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama ... I love my table too. It is from ikea. We have benches on both sides. It is the perfect homeschool and giant family table. I am really enjoying 'school' right now. We take Dec off of regular school work every year and it is always so much fun. Normally we are more structured. Most days I spend a lot of time reading to the kids, which is super tough for me so a month off is a much anticipated and enjoyed break for all of us.

    ReplyDelete